Articles worth reading

Pateros re-imposes liquor ban 

account_balancePateros access_time4 days ago

Pateros Mayor Miguel “Ike” Ponce III announced Friday that a total liquor ban will be imposed in the entire municipality starting Saturday as the number of new daily coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases sharply increased, according to a r...

‘Olympic Gold Stamp’ to honor Hidilyn's feat

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Philippine Postal Corporation (Post Office), under the Office of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, will release a stamp in honor of the extraordinary and historic achievement made by weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz, the first Filipino Olympic gold medalis...

Over 5,000 Manila residents now fully vaccinated

account_balanceManila access_time4 days ago

The city of Manila has fully vaccinated more than half million individuals, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. In his regular live update on Facebook, Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said the 503,113 persons have already re...

Caloocan News

Meralco rates decline in September 

account_balanceCaloocan News account_circleGab Ocampo chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Manila Electric Co. (Meralco) announced another reduction in power rates, marking the fifth straight month of downward adjustments to bring rates to a three-year low.

In an advisory, Meralco said power rates will go down by 6.23 centavos per kilowatt-hour to P8.4288/kWh in September from P8.4911/kWh in August.

This means that a typical household consuming 200 kWh will pay P12 less for electricity for September versus that paid last month.

Advertisement

According to the company, rates for September this year are the lowest in three years or since September 2017.

Meralco attributed the lower rates to the force majeure implemented due to the decline in demand. This led to lower generation charges which decreased for the sixth straight month by 3.81 centavos to P4.0860/kWh from P4.1241/kWh in August.

"Because of the reduced power demand in its service area during the community quarantine period, MERALCO continued to invoke the Force Majeure provision in some of its Power Supply Agreements (PSAs)," the company said.

Meralco said the force majeure claims totaled about P463 million, equivalent to customer savings of 17.10 centavos/kWh.

"Without the Force Majeure claims, the generation charge and the total rate would have increased by 13-centavos and 14-centavos per kWh, respectively. For the past 6 months, the savings from Force Majeure claims totaled around P2.4 billion," it said.

The Pangilinan-led firm said it will not disconnect customers until the end of October, an extension from the initial date of September 30.


date_rangeDate Published
10 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

No releated news for this article.
Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature