Articles worth reading

SMC businesses rebound after steep slump

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

San Miguel Corporation (SMC) saw its businesses rebound by the end of the second quarter of 2020 as it continues to respond nimbly to the new normal, through an agile operating model built around consumers along with the reinforcement of its culture ...

San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora

San Juan City to distribute another wave of food packs - MB

account_balanceSan Juan access_time5 days ago

San Juan City will be distributing another wave of food packs to its residents now that Mega Manila is under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) again. Mayor Francis Zamora said they have started the repacking of relief goods for the 13th ...

Interior Secretary Eduardo Año

Año expects cases to decrease under MECQ 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Interior Secretary Eduardo Año expressed confidence that the number of COVID-19 infections would decrease during the enforcement of the modified enhanced community quarantine in some areas, including Metro Manila. At the sidelines of an event...

Caloocan News

Caloocan to place Barangay 142 under lockdown 

account_balanceCaloocan News account_circleMichael Lim chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Caloocan City will place Barangay 142 under total lockdown because of the increasing Covid-19 cases in the area.

The lockdown will begin at 12:01 a.m. of August 1 until 11:59 of August 7.

So far, the said barangay has 28 confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to the data of the City Health Department. During the lockdown, health authorities are set to conduct contact tracing among COVID-19 patients.

Mayor Oscar Malapitan vowed to provide relief packs to families who will be affected by the lockdown.

Malapitan also directed the police to strictly enforce quarantine rules amid the lockdown.

Some barangays in Caloocan City were also placed on lockdown due to the spike of COVID-19 cases.

Hospital to be closed

Meanwhile, Malapitan also announced that the Caloocan City Medical Center-South (CCMC) would again be closed as more medical personnel got infected with COVID-19. It will be closed from August 1 to 14.

The number of COVID-infected health personnel in the hospital is 61, according to CCMC administrator Dr. Fernando Santos. All of them are already in quarantine.

Malapitan added that the said hospital is already at its "overflowing capacity."

"Hinihikayat natin ang publiko na dalhin ang mga positibo o suspected COVID-19 patients sa ibang ospital para sa agarang lunas," Malapitan said.

"Sa matinding pagsubok na dulot sa atin ng pandemyang ito, nawa'y makiisa po tayo sa ating panawagan na sumunod sa mga safety standard upang matulungan ang ating mga medical frontliner at sabay-sabay nating malagpasan ang COVID-19," he added.

Meanwhile, Malapitan said the out-patient department at the Old City Hall Plaza and the Caloocan City North Medical Center would remain open to the public. 


date_rangeDate Published
1 week ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Mayor Jaime Fresnedi convenes the city%u2019s Barangay Chairmen and members of Muntinlupa City Council on Tuesday to discuss MECQ guidelines and amendments with local ordinance to respond to the change of community quarantine status. Fresnedi orders local execs to implement stricter quarantine measures in the communities in a bid to curb COVID-19 in the city.

Muntinlupa installs checkpoints in boundaries

account_balanceMuntinlupa chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Muntinlupa City Police Station has installed checkpoints in city boundaries while the local government has limited its physical transactions as Metro Manila shifts back to Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine starting August 4. Public Information ...

Photo courtesy of: MPIO

Manila mobilizes 400 Covid-19 marshals 

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Manila deployed 400 coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) safety marshals to watch, remind and make sure that people in public places strictly follow imposed health safety protocols. Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso led the depl...

Las Piñas offers free bus rides 

account_balanceLas Piñas chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Las Piñas City is providing free rides as added incentive to frontliners and the city’s residents as it strictly implements the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ). This is part of the protocols being readied by the LGU i...

Pateros Mayor Ike Ponce / IsangPateros

Pateros sees rising number of virus cases 

account_balancePateros chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Pateros Mayor Miguel Ponce III expressed alarm over the increasing number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the town as he urged his constituents to stay home.  As of Aug. 4, Pateros has recorded 270 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 112 r...

Pasig shuts down stalls in Mega Market

account_balancePasig chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Pasig City closed some stalls in Pasig Mega Market for allegedly violating the minimum health and safety standards to contain the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). In a Facebook post, Mayor Vico Sotto reminded anew business owners and residents to con...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Makati announces community vaccination drive Russia announces Covid-19 vaccine approval NCR records fewer virus cases under MECQ Angkas to give free rides for Manila health workers PhilHealth liquidates just 6.8% of Covid-19 payments MECQ extension highly unlikely Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature